First Snow & Snowmaking Update
This week, temperatures and conditions have been ideal for snowmaking at Pajarito Mountain. And this morning, we got some extra encouragement from Mother Nature in the form of three inches of freshly fallen snow. This first snow of the winter season has us super motivated to continue working round-the-clock ensure the mountain is ready for our scheduled opening date, Saturday, December 16.
Our snowmaking crew is focusing on this terrain:
- Top of Spruce Lift down Lone Spruce to Mushroom Run Out
- Zero Road East down to the Spruce Lift loading area
- Top of beginners’ chair over to Mushroom Run Out, including Mushroom Run Out
- Mushroom Run Out down to Zero Road East
- Zero Road East down to the beginners’ chair loading area
- New Magic Carpet conveyor lift area
- Flat teaching area—the newly-enlarged area by SnowSport School
Due to the ideal conditions, snow quality is excellent. We can’t wait to welcome you to Pajarito Mountain and kick off the 2017-2018 ski season.