Camp Dates are TBD
This 4-session skiing and snowboarding program will focus on providing your child with the best introduction to snow sliding, progressive skill development, fun, and sparking their passion for snowsports and the mountains. This is a great way for your child to kick-start their skills or sharpen existing skills.
Camp Bluebird is open to children and youth, ages 5 to 12, of any skill level, who show an interest in learning snow sliding skills. The full-day lessons begin at 10 a.m. with a one-hour lunch break at noon.
Depending on your child’s skill level they could experience some or all of the following:
- Introduction to and the development of skiing and snowboarding fundamentals (understanding and handling their equipment, gliding, first turns, linked turns, proper chairlift riding, slope management, and more).
- All-mountain skills – steeper terrain, bumps, trees, carving, mountain etiquette, and more.
- Introductory freestyle elements
- Specific scheduled class content guarantees progression throughout the winter.
- Your child will develop as an independent snow slider, build skills for the entire mountain, and make new friends
- All participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has their pass/ticket attached to their jacket/pants/helmet for every session. Need a season pass for your child? NEW THIS YEAR, children ages 12 & under ski free. Get the Power Kids pass now.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges, and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base, and a safety leash. Your youth must also use real snowboard boots; winter boots are not acceptable. Please contact Pajarito if you have questions about the equipment. Need to rent equipment? Click here.
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- It is especially important that beginners attend every session.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Up to a 60-minute break for lunch each day. Children will need to bring their own sack lunch.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but cannot guarantee it
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline, with the same ability level, is required in order to form a class
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions. Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture
- Classes will meet at the Pajarito base area
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason you do not register online, parents must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the program start date will receive a full refund – within 13 days to 24 hours prior to the first class a 50% refund – less than 24 hours notice, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at Pajarito Ski & Snowboard School or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will also be issued if Pajarito Mountain is unable to open this season due to weather or COVID-19 restrictions.
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes
- If you’re going to be more than 15 minutes late to your session, we need at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise, you take the chance of missing out on the session.
- Please email your late arrival notice to email@example.com
- We will make every attempt to rejoin your child with their group, though depending on how late you arrive to the session, we cannot guarantee it.
What to Bring
- It’s helpful if you apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before drop-off.
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers for cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (Limit one per participant, per class).