Help clear the mountain & gather firewood for the winter.
UPDATE: Week of October 7, 2021 Gathering allowed Wednesday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Week of October 11: Tues-Friday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
From October 18 Monday-Thursday 8:30-3:30 pm until the first snow
Pajarito allows guests to gather FREE firewood during select times of the year. Guests must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Sign in and out at the retail store
- Sign the waiver
- Must have a 4-wheel drive vehicle
- Guests cannot cut standing trees. Only downed trees can be harvested
- Cutting is at the risk of the guest, Pajarito is not responsible for injury or accidents while woodcutting
- Pajarito follows county and city fire restrictions. When chainsaws are banned by these entities, they are banned on the mountain
- Staff at the store can provide a permit stating wood was obtained from Pajarito. This is especially important when transporting wood through public lands.